CES is growing! Open positions for 6G Certified Welders in Central Florida and Gainesville. Nationally recognized among the 2017 Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies in America, CES was founded in 1992 by Todd and Shelly Morgan, and ranks among Florida's largest mechanical and plumbing contractors.
Led by Todd S. Morgan, P.E., a 2017 CEO of the Year honoree by Orlando Business Journal, CES is a sttewide leader named among OBJ's 2017 Best Places to Work, Golden 100 top privately-held companies, and the Fast 50 and Florida Fast 100 fastest-growing companies. Proudly ranking fifth among OBJ's 2017 Largest Specialty Contractors in Central Florida,CES was also an honoree in OBJ's 2017 Corporate Philanthropy Awards and is ranked among OBJ's 2017 Largest Philanthropic Companies.
Job Information Welder -6G
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lay out, position, align and fit components together.
- Bolt, clamp and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas welding equipment.
- May attach support systems by bolting and riveting.
- May repair products by dismanting, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Weld a minimum of 6-8" sch 40 C.S.P. position welds in an 8 hour day.
- Looks at flat drawings, pictures and blueprints and visualize how they would look as solid objects with height, width and depth.
- Work easily and skillfully with hands.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 poounds frequently.
- Climb up and balance on ladders, scaffolding or stairs.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, crunch and crawl to reach hard to get at work areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and graduate of an accredited welding school or 10 years on the job training is preferred.
- Must be able to pass welding certification.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume with salary requirements to HRjobs@cesmechanical.com