Comprehensive Energy Services, Inc. is an award-winning, self-performing provider and recognized leader in Design Build and Maintain Mechanical Contracting and Plumbing; providing a full range of advanced HVAC commercial, healthcare, and industrial services, including mechanical engineering design, mechanical construction, plumbing, IAQ, preventative maintenance and system maintenance throughout Florida.
We are currently looking for qualified Sheet Metal Mechanics to join our best of the class team in Central Florida and Gainesville.
CES’s mission statement is to provide the very best mechanical contracting services for our customers, to provide the very best place to work for our employees, to grow our company and our employees and to earn a fair profit.
A Sheet metal Mechanic reports to the Foreman or Trade Manager and is responsible for performing a range of installation jobs for industrial and commercial customers.
Job duties include:
- Comply with all safety guidelines and attend weekly tool talks
- Install AHU/RTU, fan/VAV, hangers, metal duct, flex, GRD, fiberglass duct and fittings
- Modify metal duct and fittings
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal according to the product being fabricated, knowledge of metal and job standards and specifications.
- May do the layout of fittings, and duct, including manually locating and making dimensions and reference lines on sheet metal or inputting data into layout computer.
- May perform clerical functions as needed (Example: daily reports, receiving tickets, etc.)
- May shape metal over anvils, blocks or forms using a hammer.
- Measure, size, cut and apply duct insulation.
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine the type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation.
- Job Qualifications:
- Field measure and draw up duct and fittings for fabrication
- Perform a mechanical aptitude
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 lbs frequently. Stand, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders, lifts, and scaffolds
High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D) and a graduate of a post-secondary program of instruction of two or more years in duration or completion of an apprenticeship program or similar training program and appropriate work experience are preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and provide great benefits. The candidate must be able to be a multi-tasker, have good oral and written communication skills. For immediate consideration, please forward your resume with salary requirements to HRjobs@cesmechanical.com (DFWP/EOE/AA/M/F/Vets).