It is a CES goal to provide a workplace free of recognized hazards and keep Continuosly Emphasizing Safety.
It can only take a moment for you to lose your sight. Thousands of people are blinded each year from work-related eye injuries. However, eye injuries can be prevented if you use and maintain proper eye protection.
CES, as an employer, must ensure that all workers required to wear eye protection understand how to use it so that it offers the most protection. These workers must demonstrate understanding of the training and the ability to use it properly before being allowed to perform work requiring its use. Employers and employees must be thoroughly informed of the areas and situations where eye protection is needed. As an employee who is required to wear eye protection, you must understand how to use, properly clean, and maintain the required protective equipment.
At a minimum, eye protection must:
- Adequately protect against the particular hazards for which they are designed.
- Be reasonably comfortable when worn under the designated conditions.
- Fit snugly without interfering with the movements or vision of the wearer.
- Be durable.
- Be capable of being disinfected.
- Be easily cleanable.
- Be kept clean and in good repair.
- Meet ANSI Z.87 standards
Most importantly, work together to ensure everyone onsite is wearing the correct and adequate eye protection for their task and location.
See what other safety topics CES has talked about.